Wednesday, February 11, 2015

86,822 hands @ -3bb/100


What's the leak here?

These last three days, I have been playing my a-game most of the time. I'm guessing there are a few minor leaks here and there. The downswing from 72,844 was the result of frustration and anxiety as a result of expectations that are out of alignment.

What does that mean?

I have this expectation that I "should be" beating 2NL by now. I keep seeing other players completing their gutshot by the river even though I bet for value with a TPTK plus a flush draw to the nuts. But that was one hand that stood out off the top of my head. I am not blaming luck, I'm guessing here that it's variance that I am going through at the moment. There are a few leaks here and there. Looking through my stats, I seldom showdown with an overpair or less.

Looking back though, I was applying a few things I learned about 6max play and got into the zone. I thought I was breaking even all that time I was playing. I am staked to play 5NL but I am playng 2NL. This way, any leak that needs my attention will not cause too much damage to the bankroll.

Here is how things are for the week...


PokerTracker4 says I need to improve my 3bet stat. As I tend to play more hands from LP, I am going to do more 3bets from this position. So my choices now from CO and BTN are either to fold, raise or 3bet. Target is about 5 percent 3bet by the end of the month.

The kids are now in school. I have clothes in the washing machine. I can do another set before going out for my morning run.