Wednesday, February 18, 2015

6bb/100 over the last 10,618 hands



Win rate chart shows how things are doing since I went on make up.

What am I doing differently this time? (this is for my own reference in case I stop playing again)

I stopped using the stake's method of play and am now playing the way I did back when I was winning in 2012. Without going into too much detail, I am using randomness to make a profit. What others consider as a leak in my game--low 3bet, cbet too high--is one of the cornerstones of how I play.

Is this sustainable?

I played 18 tables today. I can add more tables by the end of the week. If it were not sustainable, my win rate would have gone down when I play more than ten tables per set.

Jim, if you are reading this, the notes on how you play this way are in buried in this blog. Go through 2010 and 2012 blogs. In case you can't find them, you instinctively know by now which starting hands to play and how to play them. The keyword is play with randomness. All you have to do is fire up a few tables and start playing.

IMPORTANT: At least once a day, ideally in between sets, fire up pokertracker 4 and go over your hand history. Find some difficult spots, take notes and learn how the others play.