Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New Stake, Playing 6-max Tables

Since deciding to go full time playing poker, I can move up and play higher levels sooner if I had a stake. I went over to 2p2 and started a thread on "Stakes-Seeking Offer". Within six hours, I had two offers...






Both these offers were good--50/50 profit share, coaching, etc. I took the offer from the one above. Their team gave me two hour-long sweat sessions knowing that I was considering one other stake offer.

In these sweat sessions, they pointed out some leaks in my game. I knew I had problems in those spots, I wasn't sure how to adapt. Being part of a team like this will help me downstream--my game play improves and I can move up sooner.

What's going to be different now is that I'll be playing 6-max tables at 5NL. I'd start at 2NL though, my decision as I am not familiar with game play on those tables. I also have a new set of HUD stats that'll help improve winrate. It might take me a few days to get these connected and working in my head.

I'm not sure I'll be able to play multi-tables off the bat. I'll start with one table to make sure that the HUDs are in place. I will then add more tables as I get comfortable with my setup.