Thursday, January 8, 2015

4,630 Hands Played Plus Lesson Learned



I learned something new last night--when you feel tired, stop playing.

Looking at the chart above, you see that I lost two big showdowns. What's not good about it is that the hands I played were no better than two pairs. We just finished dinner and I didn't have anything to do. I felt tired but decided to play anyway.

One play someone played back and triggered my neg ego--lost my stack with tptk. I closed out of that table immediately. A few minutes later, I get someone else playing back but this time, I think I had two pairs and thought they were good enough for a showdown.

Wrong again. Tuition payed, lesson learned. It's time to move on.

What's the lesson here? Play like that prospector. Showdown ONLY with big hands. Keep that up from now on and you will find your win-rate start to go up for good. Make that as your motivation.



I made my quota of 3,000 hands yesterday. My win-rate is still above breakeven. It's time to get with my a-game.