Friday, July 6, 2012

Pokerstars ZOOM New Hand button



I keep getting the "New Hand" button when I play pokerstars' zoom tables and decided to do something about it.

You see, in my wife's pc, which runs on linux, when I play zoom tables and I click on "Fast fold" I am given a new table to play. With my pc, after I click on "Fast fold", the "New Hand" button shows up.

I tried looking at the PS client if there was a setting that can take care of it, but did not find any. All I knew was that, if I CTRL-click on Fast fold, the New Hand button will appear--it's a built-in feature which allows players to see how the hand unfolds.

Since I was rolled to play 10NL zoom, I decided to do something about it. I emailed pokerstars support... got transferred to technical support, and after sending them the log files, they found the problem.

I use autohotkey instead of tableninja when I play multiple tables. The hotkey setting to fold a hand is CTRL-ALT-X.

So when I fold a hand, the CTRL button is activated, the Fast fold button is clicked and I get the New Hand button.

I changed the hotkey setting, then played a few hands on zoom tables--problem solved!

To be sure, I changed some of the autohotkey settings to make sure that I will not have any conflicting key issues in the future.