Wednesday, April 4, 2012

2 pair vs loose villains on wet board

UTG was a 85/35 over 128 hands, and BTN was a 19/11 over 671 hands

CO: $10.00
BTN: $10.00
SB: $10.00
BB: $9.85
UTG: $8.79
Hero (UTG+1): $12.68
MP: $31.16
MP+1: $2.63

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q A

UTG raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20, MP+1 calls $0.20, fold, BTN calls $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($1.25, 6 players) A Q K
BB checks, UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.77, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.77, fold, UTG calls $0.67

Turn: ($3.56, 3 players) 3
UTG bets $3.56,

"What should I do here? I feel trapped as I am not sure what the button will do after he smooth called my flop raise, and if I shove and get called by him, my money is virtually always going in bad. At the same time my hand feels too strong to fold and I have some outs at least with only one card to come. UTG is a donk and if it was just heads up with him, then I would be shipping it no questions asked."




AQ suited... when someone raised before me, either I 3bet 2/3 pot, or I fold. I would rather be the aggressor going into the flop so I can have them to fold with my cbet.

Flop: That's a wet flop. Although villain is playing loose, it's highly possible that he/she connected somewhat. In the last 128 hands you've played with UTG, does he always cbet small on the flop?

I usually do a small cbet on the flop when I get a big hand--set or higher. This is to get my opponent to reraise my cbet, see how others will react--and then I'll reraise pot myself.

If I were playing your hand having limped preflop, I will simply call villain's cbet. Two pairs is not exactly the nuts in this situation. You are not sure if you are ahead or behind. And then there's BTN. What's he/she still doing there?

What if BTN reraised you?

Turn: even if UTG were playing loose, having gone all-in on the turn means he/she has a big hand (big hand, big pot...). But it's your hand history. What has your observation been in the past? Does he/she do this often? If so, call. If you are not sure, fold and wait for a better spot.