Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Reinstalled pokerstars client

bear swimming


I mentioned in an earlier post that my wife has started playing online poker as well.

This morning, she mentioned that the pokerstars client that she was playing on, when she clicked on the instafold button on zoom tables, it will automatically take her to a new table. In my pokerstars client, this was not happening.

To cut the long story short, I uninstalled the client using revo uninstaller, downloaded from the pokerstars client and reinstalled.

It worked.

It must have been the version that I downloaded before.

This time too, the hotkeys were working. Playing with it, I was able to set up a configuration where I was able to play without tableninja. It was a combination of the pokerstars client hotkeys and autohotkey scripts.

The ahk script did the non-essential tasks...
  • sit out all tables
  • resume play all tables
  • close table
  • ...and a few other things

I also used a different table theme other than hypersimple--now that I wasn't using tableninja. It's that black theme with the blue felt.

I had to spend one hour making sure all the settings were correct, including the pokertracker HUD. I did not meet my daily hand number requirement, but these changes will help improve efficiency on future sessions.