Sunday, April 15, 2012

How did you become a winning player?

swing lady


How did you become a winning player ?
What your way was ? What you did exactly ?

I have made some deposits on various poker rooms and it never worked. Every time in downswing and every time I loose my money and I need to recharge my bankroll. I think there could be more players like me who become a winning player at a specified moment. Maybe their advices would help me to change me from a losing player to a winning one too.

Thank you in advance !

PS: I know it is funny but I don't have money for coaching.



If I remember correctly, I opened my first poker account with full tilt poker back in 2010. After playing a few hands, I joined one of their first deposit freeroll and finished in the money, winning $150.

I immediately invested a third of that on poker tracking software--one of the best investment decisions I've made.

Unfortunately, four months after winning the money, I went on a losing streak. I was following the big stack strategy that I learned from pokerstrategy.com. Obviously, it did not work for me.

During all this time, I was going over the day's hand history on my poker tracking software. I'd go over the big pots that went to showdown, making notes on the players--their actions on each street and what it meant.

One day, while reading Heads Up No Limit Hold'em, something just clicked in my head.

I decided to play more aggressive poker.

Also, every now and then, I head over to 2p2 and read up on the strategy forum. I ask questions, read the threads, search the archives. Read, ask, learn.

The thing is, what worked for me, may or may not work for you. You have to walk your own path. I never had money for coaching myself. When I find a situation that I am having problems with, I fire up pokertracker4 and look it up.

SUMMARY -
  • go over your hand history on your poker tracking software everyday
  • Small hand, small pot. Big hand, big pot
  • Go to 2p2, read, ask questions, participate in the discussions