Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grow Your Bankroll By Just One Percent Each Day

poker one percent days


Here's another insight I got this morning on how to grow your poker business. Every single day, strive to grow your bankroll by just ONE PERCENT--on average.

Every decision that you make on the table should go towards making that one percent profit for the day. When villain, who has been playing like a rock for the last 1,000 hands shoves all in and you have two pairs--fold.

If you start with $100 today and make a one percent profit on this bankroll each day, at the end of the year (365 days), your bankroll will have grown to $3,778.34.

That's a whopping 3,678% growth!

Playing to win just one percent profit each day, what will happen to $3,778.34 the following year?

Your bankroll will then be $142,758.66

I started playing poker again with $100. To-date, my bankroll is ahead of the 1 percent compounding curve. Some days I make more than one percent, a few days, I give some of it back to the poker economy.

If you look at the chart above, you can see that I am on track and meeting my daily target.

Looking at the big picture, I think one percent days works. I am going to compare my end of month PnL to this one percent compounding curve from here on. I'll keep you posted.