Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Which strategy works best?

One week after pokerstars changed their rake system, I decided to test how this will affect how I play. So far, I have noticed that I am making a 3% gain in VPP per day.

If this keeps up, I am going to earn that VIP cash bonus, allowing me to play marginal hands every now and then. What this means is that how I play will work with the new rake setup at pokerstars. This is good, don't you agree?

I also noticed that there were more short stack players playing microstakes full ring. I do not know if this has anything to do with the new rake. I have been running into "winning short stack" strategy type content on the web lately.

Do they work? Of course they do. Every method works. The deciding factor is how you play it.

Being consistent with each blog update that I make, here is my win-rate chart, all hands.

poker short stack strategy