Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Variance, and how it affects your mental game


My game went into variance these last few days. I was making players happy in the tables as I made investments in my meta-game. But really, I was calling too much hoping to get lucky on the river.

I was also getting set over set, and villain getting lucky on the river, but this is part of the game. I wasn't playing well and paid tuition for it. Hopefully, I've got everything straightened out by now.


The kids are going back to school next week. That means more quiet time for me to work on my copywriting business and my poker business. It's also a good time for me to get back to working out in the gym again.

I alternate a session of writing, with a session of playing poker. I get in at least three sessions of both during the day. To keep myself from getting cabin sickness, I go out and get exercise once a day, then do a session of yoga after dinner.

I don't think I can handle playing poker all day, everyday. That was what happened last year when I decided to stop playing. I got sick of playing.