Monday, December 19, 2011

Improve your game without trying

I started playing today. One table at first to test if everything was OK. An hour later, I ante'd up and played 16-tables. I was thinking too much playing anything less than that.

poker tracker

Newbie learning


I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to give poker tracker3 a try. Back when I was getting started, PT3 was my first choice. I was able to install and run PT3 back then.

One time, I ran defraggler on my system and did not turn off the database server. That messed up PT3 and it took days to get support. That's when I gave holdem manager a try.


Decisions


I try not to think too much when I play. Either I have the nuts or I don't. If I don't, then the question is, do I bluff this hand or not? If villain doesn't go to showdown as often and has a high win rate on showdown, then there's a good chance that villain will fold.

Playing with poker tracker is different from holdem manager. PT3 has a lot of stats that I am not familiar with. Not that one is better than the other, only that it is different. They are both tools, it is up to the craftsman as to how well a tool is going to be used.

Right now, I still see myself in learning mode. The question is, do I go back to posting my charts like I did before? I think PT3 has a number of charts that can tell a good story. I will look into that and see if I can find something I can work with.

Multi-table


Tableninja is running well. No bugs at the moment. The pokerstars client seems OK. They have a hotkey function that is still on beta. I gave that a try, but soon as PT3's HUD showed up, the PS hotkeys stopped working.

multi-table

I was thinking of writing an ahk script to work with the PS hotkey, but that's too much effort for me. If you have been following this blog, I always choose the path of least resistance. Since it was easier for me to use tableninja, that's synchronicity telling me to go that way instead of the other. I listen. I act.