Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How to improve your win-rate with a simple tweak

I am making changes to my game, yet again. The way I was playing is OK and am making good at it. Take a look at my previous posts from three months ago. The chart image will show you how I was doing.

Here is how I am doing so far, which reminded me that I am going to make changes.



Win-rate


Looking at the image above, you can see that I am in the black since I started playing two days ago. But take a look at my cashier image below.


I started with $100, but I am down 0.14% It's not much, I know, but it's not reflective of what the chart is showing above. I think it's because of the rake. I am paying way too much rake with the way I play at these levels.

Changing technique


What's good about how I play is that I get called if I have a big hand. On the other hand, if I were bluffing, I am losing only a small amount. I can minimize rake by playing TAG. The only concern is that it's an easy tell if I get a big hand.

I guess that's a consequence I am going to accept for now. I'll try TAG for the next 30 days and see how things go. I am going to upload both chart and cashier image on a weekly basis.

Use the comment box below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.