Saturday, September 3, 2011

StarsCash.ahk

TableNinja did not immediately send updates after Pokerstars updated their client. I am trying out this ahk script and see it works out.

Two hours later...

StarsCash.ahk, some functions are working, some aren't, specially the potbet functions. Looking for solutions on the 2p2 forums, I found that this is a common problem and did not find a distinct solution addressed by the developer.

As a workaround, I tried using starscash with tableninja by disabling functions from each of them--running these together only gave me more headaches to deal with.

Either I will look under the hood with starscash.ahk and get the parts that I can use, or wait for the tableninja update. Or both. I guess I am not going to play poker today.

This is why I am learning how to code. Using both open source software and commercial software, support doesn't happen as fast as I want it to. At least with open source software (like starscash.ahk), I can look under the hood and change things to make things work for me. With commercial software, I have no choice but to wait for updates, or a reply from tech support.

Starscash.ahk has a lot of functions that I want to learn--like being able to join waitlists on consecutive tables even if tables take away focus from the lobby. I am going to see if I can get rid of the GUI, copy parts of the code over to my ahk script. This is going to take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment