Monday, July 11, 2011

motherboard issues

My pc is not working. This morning, I saw it boot up and came to that point where the desktop is on but everything is still loading. I turned around to put on my contact lens and to make coffee. By time I got back, the computer screen was black. The power was on, the cpu fan was humming in the background, but there was nothing on screen.

I restarted the pc and it did not even go to that BIOS screen. Thinking this was an issue with the CMOS battery, I opened the box and replaced it. Still, no response. I fired up my kids' computer and googled the issue. To make the long story short, it's highly probable that my motherboard is busted.

I'm not sure how things will go from here. I installed linux on this kids' pc. I can install wine, then run pokerstars from there, but I wouldn't be able to multi table as effectively as I did before. I can install open source poker tracking on this pc, but it doesn't have a hud. There's also table crab to manage tables as I play, but last time I tried it, it didn't work for me.

I am thinking of getting a stake again from 2p2. That's not something I look forward to, reporting to someone else. Another thing to consider is that I don't have access to holdem manager. How can I prove that I am a winning player? That tells me that it's not the path I need to consider.

I am going to let this simmer for now. In the meantime, I am taking a break from playing--will spend more time learning how to code in python.

No comments:

Post a Comment