Thursday, June 16, 2011

thursday

It is getting too much of a drag to log in to windows vista. The only reason it's still in my pc is because of poker. From pushing the on button to getting my poker stuff up and running would take from ten to fifteen minutes. Longer if vista has system updates.

I found FOSS alternatives that I can use in linux, but they are not as reliable as the ones I am using with vista atm. I am looking into the possibility of tweaking them to make it work, but that will take some time. For now, I am keeping vista.

I found a workaround for the acer boot issue. I think the problem with it is that the cmos battery needs replacing. So what I do is I turn on acer and let it just sit there for a few minutes. Somehow, either the battery gets its juices going and acer boots up on the restart. I don't see anything out of the ordinary once everything is up and running.

I feel anxious about opening my pc to replace that battery. I am doing research on how to do it, and there are plenty of resources out there that really helps. Maybe one of these days if/when the workaround I have doesn't work anymore, I am going to have that battery replaced.

I finished the ibm pc linux install a day later. By finished I mean, after running linux, I updated drivers, installed all mine and the kids' choice of applications, sync files, etc. The only thing that isn't in the ibm pc is skype.

With all these technical stuff behind me, it was only today that I started playing poker again.

No comments:

Post a Comment