Wednesday, April 20, 2011

wednesday

I haven't played any poker since black friday. Since that fateful morning, all I did was learn ruby programming. And now I am sick and tired of it.

I can't play because I withdrew my money from pokerstars. It usually takes three days for the funds to clear. Looking at the number of players at the tables after black friday, I think pokerstars is processing a LOT of withdrawals.

The question for me now is this--do I still want to play in pokerstars? Or should I take advantage of the 200% deposit bonus with ipoker?

I am inclined to take the big bonus, either with chilipoker or titan poker. The pokerstars issue might take some time to unravel. If found guilty, I don't know how things will pick up from there.

Considering that the issue will indeed take months, then I am inclined to play again with pokerstars. They have the most number of players still. More players means more fish. It is easier to multi table on ps using tableninja and HM. Without these two, I can still play 12 tables per session, but it wouldn't be as 'ergonomic.'

And why, you might ask, am I learning about ruby?

Two words--poker bots.

Playing poker as a business, having an army of poker bots is the next step. I am not making one to sell them. I am making them for myself (and a few others). But it's going to take some time. It's not like buying a poker bot and running it out of the box. There is going to be a lot of thinking and trial & error that has to go into this.

Soon as it is up and running, I'll let you know how it is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment