Sunday, April 3, 2011

missing hands


After finishing hand import (my database crashed the other day due to a power failure), there's still +30k hands missing from my database.

I was thinking I can request them from pokerstars, but looking at their faq page (http://goo.gl/qQ48l)--

How do I request a hand history? How many hand histories can I request?
Click on the dealer tray and select ‘Request hand history’. You can request up to your last 200 hands, your hand histories for a period of time, all the hands you played in a tournament, or any specific single hand. Note however that we do not archive play money or freeroll tournament hand histories, and as such, these hands are not available to be requested.
...now what?

This was how things were like before my database crashed--


I searched the holdem manager knowledge base, found these and followed them to the T, and I still don't have the missing 40k hands on HM.

I sent an email to HM support. I think I may have to zip my archive files and send it to them.

April 4, Monday

I got a reply from HM support, they looked at the HH I sent them, noticed that the missing hands came after 77k hands/date. They suggested that I can request HH from pokerstars. So I sent pokerstars support an email requesting HH for march.

We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I have been playing at 5NL. Here's how things are doing thus far--


Update: April 5, Tuesday

I got the requested hands from pokerstars, imported them to HM and it still did not show the chart I had before my database crashed. I decided to create a new database, then import all HH into that--again and for the last time. If this doesn't work, then I am going to have to settle for less.

I left HM import hands for the next +12 hours. When it finished, I still did not have my charts. After going through all those hoops, this is as far as it will go--


I finished installing fpdb on ubuntu yesterday morning. I have yet to configure the database and import hands with that. I'll start a new post on that to journal how things are going. Being an open source software, either fpdb is going to be another headache, or it is going to be the mozilla firefox of poker tracking. We'll see.