Monday, March 14, 2011

monday

I'm not sure I can play poker today, at least not during the day. I have a full plate. At 9am, I'll be skyping with my in-laws to provide tech support with their pc. I'm not really sure what problems they have with their pc. It's more people support than tech support. Old folks who are new into this technology and are still in that anxious-mode where they are afraid they might break something.

That person I'd be skyping with, he's been asking for help for a few weeks now. Not that I am not helping him, but when I go online as agreed, he's not there. Or he'd be there and check in with me, but wouldn't have time to go through the process and has to do something else.

Last saturday, he asked again if I can help him. I said yes. We agreed on monday 9am. We'll see what happens.

After that, I have cinelerra installed on ubuntu linux this morning. I am excited about it and want to give it a test run. The cinelerra website and everything I read on google say it's the best video editing software on linux. I'll check how it compares with camtasia.

Cinelerra looks more technical and has a lot of gizmos to it than camtasia. The GUI looks intimidating the first time you see it. It has a screencast included in the package, like camtasia.

I'm not sure what time I'll finish with that. It might take me about two hours to uploading the video on youtube. I'm giving that task more time as it is a software running on linux. It's a new OS for me and things work a bit different than what I am used to.

I'll blog later how things turn out.