Friday, March 11, 2011

dvorak keyboard

After installing ubuntu linux on my pc, my next project is to remap my brain and keyboard to the dvorak layout. It is easier than anticipated. There are plenty of resources on the internet to help me with the process. I already know how to touch type. So all I need to do now is remap everything.

Here is a great dvorak keyboard training website-- http://mcaf.ee/96c0d. It's free and easy to learn. The lessons are broken down into easy steps where I learn by level. I can opt to switch cold turkey, but others in the house are using the keyboard. I'll make the switch after I get keyboard stickers and finished all the level tutorials in that site.

Switching cold turkey, I'll make changes in ubuntu linux first, then switch over windows vista. Running the tutorials three times a day, I might finish the switch within a month's time.