Thursday, February 17, 2011

gambling issues

This guy probably doesn't know where the fold button is...


"...Those who don’t know me typically see me as an average college kid. Those who do know me know that I’ve got some problems, the biggest of which is gambling. To date, I’d say I’m in the red about 25k dollars, 10k of which was a loan.

To say I’m in some financial trouble is a bit of an understatement. If I don’t come up with some money quickly, the next stage of my life could very well be spent behind bars. You’re probably thinking that you don’t go to jail for being in debt, but there are some extenuating circumstances in my case.

In the very immediate future, I need to come up with about 5k dollars profit to stay afloat. The only way I can do this is to gamble more. I figure I’ve gone too far down this road to turn back. I started this mostly as a way to keep some record of the money that I win and lose, but also in hopes that it could somehow change my luck."

$25,000! If you are a +3bb/100 player (over a big sample, say 100k hands), you'd be making upwards $100 per hour playing poker. If I were a losing player, I'd use half of that money and stake good players.