Friday, February 18, 2011

The Farthest I've Traveled from Home

Moved with my family--from my old home country Philippines, to our new home in New Zealand. It was work related so my wife had to go first, then me and the 4 kids (12yo and below) followed a month after. 

Longest day of my life, but worth it. There was a stop-over in Hong Kong where we had to run all the way to the other end of the terminal. I had to whisk the kids on a luggage trolley to make it on time. They thought it was fun. Everyone else was walking and they were riding on a luggage trolley. 

It was their first time to be on a long plane ride. We were on the economy section of the plane. We all did not get much sleep that night. Kids were too excited; for me, the seats were too cramped. 

But when we arrived at the auckland airport and saw my wife-- Oh joy!