Friday, January 21, 2011

friday

pokerstars jan 2011

Good day at the tables today. I started the day off playing patient, tight and on my a-game. Sometime around noon time, I was tired, wanting to make things happened and lost a stack. Good thing it was a small hiccup for the day. I took a break, had lunch with the kids, then had a two hour nap. 

I woke up refreshed, made something to eat then resumed play. It is 8.56pm. I am about to do yoga now. Depending on how I feel after yoga, I might do one more session before calling it a day, or just laze around.

It's a friday. In a different time, I looked forward to fridays as gimmick nights--going out with some friends for beer and a good time. These days, fridays means I get up early in the day to bring out the garbage. I'm not complaining. Doing a night out on a friday with friends still excites me. The thing is, I don't have much friends here. 

I don't get out that often, and those rare times I do get out, it's with the family, or I have things to do--never to socialize. I should do that more often. I'm thinking of joining a running club, or probably the local toastmasters club. Something where I go out and interact with real people (not through the internet). I'll put that on my to-do list.