Saturday, December 11, 2010

saturday

One week down training for the auckland marathon on Oct. 11, 2011. The previous week has been, as the weeks before that--sideways. The only times I get a big swing down are when I tilt, get impatient and start playing in marginal situations. Soon as I realize that, I am back on the grind, slowly earning back that tuition paid.

It's the last week of school. One of my daughters graduated from primary school last friday. On tuesday there is prize-giving. This year, only one will get an award. Last year, there were three. This coming thursday, the kids are officially on summer/christmas vacation.

I'm considering moving my training runs either early in the morning, or much later in the afternoon. I'm biased towards the morning schedule as the climate is cooler. I run in the park down the road. One round is about one kilometer. The pace I am doing is about 12min/km. Pretty slow. I used to do 7min/km in my prime.

I am taking a break now. Wife is on her way home. We'll have dinner, and if there's nothing good showing on cable tv, I'll be back playing poker.